PE and Sports Premium
The P.E. and Sport Premium is a grant designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the P.E. and sport activities they offer their children.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of P.E. and sport in schools.
* awaiting photo
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the P.E. and sport activities that the school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit children joining the school in future years
Examples of ways to spend the funding:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach P.E. and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more children to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- run sports activities with other schools